Allan Whiting from Outback Travel Australia reviewed the Bus 4×4 Conversion of Toyota’s luxurious GL variant of the Hiace Commuter. This 4×4 people mover was built for a high end tour operator, Rangelands Outback Camp who offer luxury tent accommodation and tours in dinosaur country Winton, Queensland. Check their website here.
Read Allan Whiting’s review of the Bus 4×4 Conversion of Hiace here.
The Rangelands Outback GL Commuter is fitted with:
- Bus 4×4 AWD Conversion with High & Low Range 4×4
- Upgraded Dashboard Controls
- Modified Front and Upgraded Rear Suspension
- 180mm Lift with Rear Diff Locker
- 265/65R17 All Terrain Tyres on factory Toyota alloy wheels
- Bull Bar, UHF Radio and Electric Step
Allan Whiting was trained by Volvo Trucks in the 1970s as a military vehicle demonstration driver and for many years was a qualified 4WD instructor. He is respected as one of Australia’s foremost 4×4 reviewer. He has over 15 years experience as 4×4 Australia Magazine‘s Technical Editor and a judge of 4×4 Australia Wagon of the Year and 4×4 Australia Ute of the Year.
Allan is passionate about providing accurate, unbiased and interesting reviews through his website. Click here to visit his website Outback Travels Australia.
- Read Allan Whiting’s review on Bus 4×4 Mine Vehicles here
- Read Allan Whiting’s review on Bus 4×4 Motorhome Conversion of Toyota Coaster here
For the full specifications of Toyota Hiace Models, click to visit the Toyota Australia website here.